Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I need to find a cheap plan ticket ASAP, thanks Elizabeth Eaves


So as I was reading "Wanderlust," I was raving on and on about it on my Twitter and Facebook page. I really admire Elisabeth Eaves fearlessness in her approach to traveling and taking on new adventures, new relationships and her openness to the reader about all of feelings along the way. She never at any point tries to rationalize her actions, she just seems to try to understand them. There were many times as I was reading her lifelong pursuit of the more obscure adventure or those guys that you should probably avoid, when I thought "Why would you do that?" But at the same time, more often than not I would reconsider and think, "Oh wait I have done something ridiculous and nonsensical like that before." You may not agree with all of her choices but you also have to recognize that she has a fascinating book full of stories to tell as a result.

As a result, I have been debating over a trip to Europe or South America next year at a reasonable price and non-scary accommodations. I appreciate Elizabeth Eaves fearlessness but I have to be real- I can't "rough" it like she can.

No comments:

Post a Comment