Tuesday, July 12, 2011

5 Favorite Products So Far For Summer

So I realized on my profile that I profess to love skincare and makeup products but have yet to discuss any- oops. Hrmmm.

Well summers in Texas are a challenge, that is if you don’t want to look like a sloppy, sweaty mess for half the year (summers in Texas are also intolerably long). So in an effort to look presentable, one has to seek products that actually deliver on their promises. Or if you are like me, you just get bored and have an unhealthy desire to shop.

1. Tarte ‘s Lipsurgence Natural Lip Luster is a bath of moisture on my parched lips and offers just enough color and glisten to brighten my face. Although, be prepared to reapply every couple hours, it’s a great product but it’s not perfect. I personally chose the color “Frisky,” it’s nice and bright and well distracts from my tired eyes.


2. Summers mean sandals with painted toenails, right? But who can afford weekly manicures and pedicures? Not me. So I was very happy to find Milani’s Specialty Nail Treatment Smoothe Base Coat and Glosse Top Coat. Although, I will be honest it isn’t exactly up to par to a professional mani/pedi, it is worth the investment for those weeks you are a little short on money.


3. Everyone needs moisture but no one needs oily skin. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil Free Lotion will give you soft skin without the greasy look. A little goes a long way, so no need to slather a bunch of lotion on. It’s also gentle enough to avoid causing breakouts. Which yes, even at my age I still suffer from- CURSES!


4. However, let’s say you do get that random pimple from stress, too little sleep or whatever it may be? An oldie but goodie cure is Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. There is a reason why it has been around for so long and has so many long-time fans, it really works.





5. Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow is an “eye shadow” but it can also be used as a gel eyeliner with wonderful staying power. This is by far the best eyeliner I have seen in years. It stays on like Bobbi Brown’s gel liner but without it drying out too quickly. LOVE IT!




If anybody has any other suggestions or recommendations for makeup or skincare please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment